Are you ever burdened with a load of care?
Does the cross seem heavy you are called to bear?
Count your many blessings, every doubt will fly,
And you will keep singing as the days go by.

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Hearing the heartbeat...

When pregnant I feel there is nothing better then feeling the baby kick or hearing the heart beat. Since I have not felt the baby kick yet, the heart beat makes me so happy right now. I just got back from the doctors. It felt so strange to be showered, fully dressed, with makeup on, and out the door by 7:30 this morning. I scheduled my appointment early, so my hubby could watch Kaylen before he had to go to work.

Driving to the doctor's office I felt like part of the world again. I used to teach, so I used to leave my house at 7:00 a.m. for my 30 minute drive every morning. It felt good. I would not trade staying home with my girl, though. I just need to make sure I'm not lazy. Sometimes it is so easy for me to get lazy, especially being pregnant. That is really my one and only symptom of being pregnant is that I get tired, very tired. Compared to symptoms I could have.. I'll take it!

So, back to my doctor's appointment. It was pretty uneventful. I was measured accurately for 15 1/2 weeks. Weight is on track. Blood pressure fine. AND I got to hear that lovely heart beat! The doc. said it was about 140. So, you guessing people girl or boy?! Caleb and I think we are going to keep it a surprise this time. I NEVER in the world thought I would want to, but I am actually pretty excited about being surprised. Our 20 week ultrasound is coming up, so I guess it will all be determined if we can make it through that without breaking.

Well, things are going great here besides the little baby. Kaylen is a ham as always. She has already gotten two bloody noses at the age of 13 mths! What a toughie! She is talking a bit more, which is so fun.

God has opened up a door for me to witness and mentor. I am super excited about it! I don't want to write a ton of details on here, but as a stay at home I sometimes feel so sheltered I don't get to share God's Word as much as I need to and desire to. I've spent lots of time in prayer about it, and in God's timing He has opened a door. I just pray I would seek His wisdom with my words and actions.

Oh, and to the curious about my cooking! I have cooked lots of meals recently, and numerous meat meals. I have been patting myself on the back, and at the same time wondering why was I so nervous about it? I guess it's one of those things. I hate not knowing what I am doing.

Anyone have any good low fat dessert recipes? We're going over to a couple from church's house for dinner, and she's on a diet. I didn't want to be a nudge and bring some fatty dessert, but would still love to bring something yummy.

Speaking of diets, No, I am NOT on one. But I am really trying to work out more this pregnancy. I have had so much fun DVRing workouts on FITtv. The last three days I have done belly dancing, indian celebration dancing, and hip hop dancing. Haha! I hope no one is peeking in my living room window because this girl has NO rhythm. So much fun, but I'm not sure how much exercise I'm getting; should probably be hopping on the treadmill at least every other day.

Have a fantastic day. Stay warm! Enjoy your blessings! :)

2 comments:

  1. Aww, yay! I really think you are having a boy! (By the way I thought both you and Caleb felt the baby move - I am confused!) So what meals did you make? I am so proud of you! It's fun isn't it? I love you, Sis!

    ReplyDelete