Are you ever burdened with a load of care?
Does the cross seem heavy you are called to bear?
Count your many blessings, every doubt will fly,
And you will keep singing as the days go by.

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Baby on the brain.


I've got baby on the brain.

12 months ago my beautiful baby girl was born. In 6 months we will have another baby enter our home. It is so hard to believe we already even have one child, but we do...

We have a one year old, crazy lady, napping upstairs. She is cuddled up in a tiny little ball in the corner of her crib. Looking so peaceful and quiet. This is the complete opposite of anything my daughter is when she is awake. I have never met a "baby" like her. Now feel free to tell me, maybe mine is nothing compared to yours?! She is goofy! So goofy!!

Our baby girl loves to growl, yes, growl. Since she was about 3 months old. Her Aunts refer to her as the velociraptor. She has a raucous laugh! She has since she was about 3 months old. She loves to walk around and "pretend" to eat things. Gives them to momma and dadda to eat too. She loves to organize and seperate things.

Oh, how she loves to dance. Put any music on and my daughter will break it down. Now, we are not just talking sway side to side or bop up and down. She takes her booty all the way down to the ground. Quite a sight, and I have NO idea where she learned it from! She loves to play rough with her daddy... with her mommy... with anyone, especially baby's her size. Maybe that's why all baby's her size run crying when they see her?! She really is a lover! Loves to kiss, mouth wide open, tongue licking, wet kisses! She loves to hug, knock you over on the floor, gorilla hugs.

Singing is a favorite past time; sadly, she is learning from her momma, so singing in public will probably not be an option in the future. Food, oh, this girlie loves food. Her chubby thighs and plump belly tell all. How nice she has it that her chub is still so adorable (to her momma anyway).

Everything is a "banana". At first it was just any food item, but lately anything and everything. She LOVES bananas, maybe more then her momma?! (No, that would be crazy!) We are working on expanding her vocabulary... it's umm.. coming.

Oh! There is so much more I could tell you about my little daddy's girl. She fits perfectly into our family with her crazy ways! How I wonder what this new little baby (boy/girl?) will be like. But somehow I know they will be a perfect fit.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, Cassie I loved this - from beginning to end. It was perfect. Absolutely. Keep writing. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS Take your word verification off - it is annoying. I don't have it, and after almost 100 posts, I have NEVER gotten spam. You don't need it. {wink}

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! Welcome to the bloggers club! I look forward to hearing more, Cass! And, I'm secretly jealous that you are prego again :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the blog! :-) Can't wait to read all about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Mandi! (And I'm secretly quite nervous that I am already prego again.) :)

    ReplyDelete