Are you ever burdened with a load of care?
Does the cross seem heavy you are called to bear?
Count your many blessings, every doubt will fly,
And you will keep singing as the days go by.

Monday, January 11, 2010

Cheerio's & Rolo's...

To all of you blogging mother's and wives and just domestic divas. I am not like you. Sad to say, I am as different from you as spinach is from chocolate!

I don't really know how it happened. My mom is a cooking queen! She will feed anyone and anyTHING that walks into her home. Her meals are prepared with thought and time, and a favorite of mine, always followed with a super sweet dessert.

My sister is very much the same, although with her family she has now went the healthy route. I know she plans her meals out waaayyy ahead of time, and she always feeds them well. I love to eat at her house! (Well, except when she makes cooked cauliflower and tries to tell me it's mashed potatoes - bah!)

Oh, yes! And my other sibling, my younger brother, cooks right alongside them. Making huge meals, of things I couldn't even begin to wonder how to cook.

So... what happened to me? Was I just not paying attention when I was growing up? I always remember helping my mom; I just don't remember learning how to cook. (To give myself a tiny bit of credit, this girl does like to bake and would say that I can bake decently.) Or maybe it was a product of my environment after getting married? We'll just say my husband is a wee-bit picky, when it comes to food.

But now, here I sit with a one year old, whom, I need to feed healthy balanced meals. And where do I begin? Well, I have determined that for my baby girl's health and my other baby-in-my-belly's health that I will begin making wholesome meals. Two a week,I decided. Hey, it's a start!

So... here I sit ready to start my week of making meals off right! What is in my cupboards, you ask?! Cheerios and Rolo's!! Hmmm...

5 comments:

  1. Aww, I loved this! You'll get there. And I don't really love baking all that much, so you've got me there! lol I am making my menu and grocery list this afternoon while my children sleep. I am almost as bare as you!

    Check this out - thought of you and your grocery needs.
    http://pennypinchingdiva.com/2010/01/general-mills-cereal-as-low-as-50-this-week-at-kmart/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading this :-) I think that just cooking 2 wholesome meals a week is a great idea!! I have been thinking alot about the meals that I will feed my husband to be! What a challenge!!! Keep us posted on what happens! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Hey! I'm Ramee (nice to meet you) and I'm a blog friend of your sister's. I have enjoyed getting to meet her so so much! I love your blog and hope you'll keep up with it as your pregnancy progresses. I hear we are close in due dates! Anyway, I love to cook and bake but have done neither since getting pregnant-like literally havent cooked for my family at all. Everything has made me so sick! But I'm feeling better and am gonna make homeade pizza tonight. Not super great, but it's a start to getting back on track! Maybe you'll find a true love for it once you start! Good luck...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tag! You're it - come check out my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bethany - Thanks, I am one down! This is not my thing, but I am trying. :)

    Ramee - Nice to meet you. (I love your name!) I am due the 27th of July. From reading your blog I think you may be the day after me! Sorry to hear you have been feeling so yucky. My pregnancies are a little backwards, at least my first one, and what I can tell of this one. My first trimester is smooth sailing, and then I start to get sick during the 2nd. Well, it was great to meet you. I look forward to reading your blogs.

    ReplyDelete